Benjamin Franklin Quotes List 6


Industry need not wish.
Benjamin Franklin

It is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness and I pronounce it as certain that there was never a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous.
Benjamin Franklin

It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them.
Benjamin Franklin

It is much easier to suppress a first desire than to satisfy those that follow.
Benjamin Franklin

It is only when the rich are sick that they fully feel the impotence of wealth.
Benjamin Franklin

It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine clothes, fine houses or fine furniture.
Benjamin Franklin

It is the working man who is the happy man. It is the idle man who is the miserable man.
Benjamin Franklin

It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it.
Benjamin Franklin

Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
Benjamin Franklin

Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed.
Benjamin Franklin

I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.
Benjamin Franklin

I guess I don't so much mind being old, as I mind being fat and old.
Benjamin Franklin

I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning.
Benjamin Franklin

I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand.
Benjamin Franklin

I should have no objection to go over the same life from its beginning to the end: requesting only the advantage authors have, of correcting in a second edition the faults of the first.
Benjamin Franklin

I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.
Benjamin Franklin

If a man could have half of his wishes, he would double his troubles.
Benjamin Franklin

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him.
Benjamin Franklin

If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed.
Benjamin Franklin

If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.
Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment